Dee's Support Circle Forum
Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
deemccaffrey

Registered:
Posts: 1,159
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello Happy Deetoxers!  

Today is the first day of my 14-day Deetox, and I want to invite you to join me on my journey.  I'll be writing about my thoughts, moods, foods, and any insights I have to share with you about my health and yours.

Please feel free to comment, ask a question, or just read along for the next 14 days.

Everyone comes into the deetox with a different level of toxicity, a different genetic history, and different hormonal patterns. Therefore, we are all going to have a slightly different experience.  it's important not to compare your results with someone else's.

Over the years I've developed the habit of drinking water every morning first thing in the morning after I brush my teeth.  I have a 16 ounce glass bottle that I fill with room temperature water and I drink it down all at once. I follow that about 10-15 minutes later with 16 ounces of warm lemon water.

That means I drink about 32 ounces of water in the morning.  This really helps get me hydrated and also makes sure that I move my bowels in the morning before eating.

Lest you think that I am in perfect shape and not in need of this Deetox, I want to let you know that I am in need of this just as much as anyone else.  I've just come off a LONG period of writing a new book, which required an unbelievable amount of hours sitting at my computer.  Way more hours than is healthy or desirable.  I wish there was a better way to write a book, and maybe there is, but for me that's how it happened.

As a result, my metabolism is sluggish and I can feel that my liver needs a cleanse.

The Deetox is designed to help our bodies re-balance themselves and help repair the damage done by lack of exercise, processed foods and environmental toxins. When you lose weight without doing this important foundational work, the weight-loss typically doesn’t last. It also doesn’t bring about the increased vitality, that in the end is what we really want.

So, here's to Day 1 of cleansing!  I've decided to keep the day simple.  About 30 minutes after my lemon water, I had an antioxidant smoothie for breakfast.  For lunch I plan to stick to the menu as close as possible, but may switch out fish for sunshine burger.  It's ok to switch things out to suit your time schedule and individual preferences.

The most important thing is to do the best you can and know that you are giving yourself the most amazing gift--the gift of self care and self love.  

See you tomorrow!

Best,
Dee


__________________
Dee McCaffrey
http://www.processedfreeamerica.org
Tryart

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 34
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deemccaffrey
Hello Happy Deetoxers!  

Today is the first day of my 14-day Deetox, and I want to invite you to join me on my journey.  I'll be writing about my thoughts, moods, foods, and any insights I have to share with you about my health and yours.

Please feel free to comment, ask a question, or just read along for the next 14 days.

Everyone comes into the deetox with a different level of toxicity, a different genetic history, and different hormonal patterns. Therefore, we are all going to have a slightly different experience.  it's important not to compare your results with someone else's.

Over the years I've developed the habit of drinking water every morning first thing in the morning after I brush my teeth.  I have a 16 ounce glass bottle that I fill with room temperature water and I drink it down all at once. I follow that about 10-15 minutes later with 16 ounces of warm lemon water.

That means I drink about 32 ounces of water in the morning.  This really helps get me hydrated and also makes sure that I move my bowels in the morning before eating.

Lest you think that I am in perfect shape and not in need of this Deetox, I want to let you know that I am in need of this just as much as anyone else.  I've just come off a LONG period of writing a new book, which required an unbelievable amount of hours sitting at my computer.  Way more hours than is healthy or desirable.  I wish there was a better way to write a book, and maybe there is, but for me that's how it happened.

As a result, my metabolism is sluggish and I can feel that my liver needs a cleanse.

The Deetox is designed to help our bodies re-balance themselves and help repair the damage done by lack of exercise, processed foods and environmental toxins. When you lose weight without doing this important foundational work, the weight-loss typically doesn’t last. It also doesn’t bring about the increased vitality, that in the end is what we really want.

So, here's to Day 1 of cleansing!  I've decided to keep the day simple.  About 30 minutes after my lemon water, I had an antioxidant smoothie for breakfast.  For lunch I plan to stick to the menu as close as possible, but may switch out fish for sunshine burger.  It's ok to switch things out to suit your time schedule and individual preferences.

The most important thing is to do the best you can and know that you are giving yourself the most amazing gift--the gift of self care and self love.  

See you tomorrow!

Best,
Dee
Tryart

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 34
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks dee I am going to start adding more water like that in the morning too! I started coconut oil pulling as well! I am having a da vinci surgery on April 4th and I would like to be as healthy as possible before hand! I will be doing the cleanse last week in feb and first in march! But I am going to make some of the foods ahead of time because they sound so good! Tried the stew and I loved it!
towanda9871

Registered:
Posts: 40
Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Dee,

I have a question about all that water.  Somewhere I read that drinking too much water will dilute the enzymes needed to digest your food properly.  To tell you the truth, I can't even imagine drinking 32 oz of water so close together and not floating away.  I'm laughing but I'm also serious.  I think I'd have to be tethered to a bathroom, something not possible for those of us working in a school.  Help!

Thanks :-) Dolly

Tryart

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 34
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi dolly
I understand your issue! I am a school teacher too! I think if you are not in the habit of drinking that much water you have to gradually build up to it! I read also that so much water right after you eat is not good , but before you eat is a different story. I like to have warm lemon water right after I do my coconut oil pulling and then I have 8 oz of water before I eat breakfast. 16 oz total. I only like room temperature water at all times if possible. At school I put 2 240z bottles on my desk . I try to drink one of them and time it so I can go during my prep. Then I have found the only chance I get to drink water on busy days is during my break and lunch and after school. It is a real challenge for me too, but I do feel better when I drink more water. I end up with a headache and tired if I forget to drink enough during the day! The other bottle I try to drink after school and while driving home. I hope this helps you!
towanda9871

Registered:
Posts: 40
Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you!  It definitely helps to know that you can drink as much as you want BEFORE meals.  That's a great idea about the bottles on your desk.  I bought a Britta water filter pitcher and have taken to keeping that on my desk to remind me (and to filter our somewhat suspicious tap water at school).

Have you been drinking the Holy Tea?  If so, what did you mix it with?  

We have a week off mid-February so I'm trying to get everything in place (as well as doing the easing off of sugar, caffeine, etc.) to start the Dee-tox then when I'm not under such a stressful time crunch.  I'm thinking a week will get me into a good routine before I return to the race :-)

Have you started the actual Dee-tox yet?  How is it going for you?  Are you also trying to lose weight?  

Have a great weekend, Dolly
Tryart

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 34
Reply with quote  #7 
Hi Dolly

I just started the dee tox today! I feel great and have lots of energy! I have been process free for 1&1/2 years now! I have lost 20 lbs and I am off high blood pressure meds! I was planning on starting end of feb . Because of birthdays and celebrations but today I said to myself why wait! I am following today's meals to a T. The carrot soup was fabulous and very filling my husband liked everything too. The kale salad ...I like sheeps feta so I substituted that for the goat cheese! I have made the almond flour muffins they are yummy , be careful they burn very easily!

I am trying to lose weight . I am going to have a davinci hysterectomy coming up April 4th and I want to be as healthy as I can , so that I can recover quickly. I am taking 2 weeks off at school and I have 2 weeks for spring break! Total of 4 weeks! I hope my plan works.


I am going to make the tea tonight I am going to use peppermint tea . According to the directions you have to put 2 tea bags in and let it sit overnight! I will let you know what happens tomorrow!

You have a great weekend too! They go by so fast! I have been teaching Art and sometimes American studies for 36 years jr. High 6th 7th and 8th grade in the same room! If you are on Facebook you can befriend me if you want

Cheryl wright
El dorado hills CA
deemccaffrey

Registered:
Posts: 1,159
Reply with quote  #8 
You probably read the info about too many liquids with meal diluting digestive enzymes in one of my books!  

It is best to drink liquids before meals.  Stop drinking about 20 minutes before a meal.  Small amounts of liquids are OK with meals, but not a lot (i,e. a small sip rather than a glass of something).

Warm liquids are better than cold liquids, if you are going to sip something, because ice cold liquids slow down digestion.

__________________
Dee McCaffrey
http://www.processedfreeamerica.org
Redsox

Registered:
Posts: 20
Reply with quote  #9 
Well I'm nearing the end of the two weeks and feel so much better. Yesterday I finally made the grain free lasagna and even my husband liked it!! I also tried the muffins and as someone mentioned they burn easy so I need to watch more closely next batch.

I teach music and do a lot of singing so I drink water even as I teach. Az is just to dry and my voice wouldn't last

I lost six pounds and got off caffeine which is a bloody miracle. At church today they had cake and I didn't even want any but had a little fruit instead.

I hope to contine on with no sugar or perservatives. I need to get science of skinny and see what other gems are there for the taking.

I'm grateful for all the recipes the one lady puts up on the forum and that will have to hold me until dees book cones out on July.

Mostly I'm grateful for being more mindful of what I'm nourishing my body with I know I won't get it 100% perfect 100% of the time but the Dee tox really got me off to a great start.

Thanks see

Ps going to make those awesome energy bars we had at the cooking class today.
towanda9871

Registered:
Posts: 40
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deemccaffrey
You probably read the info about too many liquids with meal diluting digestive enzymes in one of my books!  

It is best to drink liquids before meals.  Stop drinking about 20 minutes before a meal.  Small amounts of liquids are OK with meals, but not a lot (i,e. a small sip rather than a glass of something).

Warm liquids are better than cold liquids, if you are going to sip something, because ice cold liquids slow down digestion.
towanda9871

Registered:
Posts: 40
Reply with quote  #11 
Thank you Dee.  Now that you say it I think you're right - I DID read it there!  :-) Dolly
towanda9871

Registered:
Posts: 40
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsox
Well I'm nearing the end of the two weeks and feel so much better. Yesterday I finally made the grain free lasagna and even my husband liked it!! I also tried the muffins and as someone mentioned they burn easy so I need to watch more closely next batch. I teach music and do a lot of singing so I drink water even as I teach. Az is just to dry and my voice wouldn't last I lost six pounds and got off caffeine which is a bloody miracle. At church today they had cake and I didn't even want any but had a little fruit instead. I hope to contine on with no sugar or perservatives. I need to get science of skinny and see what other gems are there for the taking. I'm grateful for all the recipes the one lady puts up on the forum and that will have to hold me until dees book cones out on July. Mostly I'm grateful for being more mindful of what I'm nourishing my body with I know I won't get it 100% perfect 100% of the time but the Dee tox really got me off to a great start. Thanks see Ps going to make those awesome energy bars we had at the cooking class today.
towanda9871

Registered:
Posts: 40
Reply with quote  #13 
Fantastic!  How wonderful it must feel to not even WANT the unhealthy things!  Keep up the great work!  :-) Dolly
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.