I was reminded recently how good this salad dresssing is - it's in my cookbook and a healthy alternative to today's packaged dressings.
Creamy Avocado Dressing
A wonderfully creamy and light dressing!
Makes 3-4 cups
· 1 can (14 ounce) Thai Kitchen coconut milk
· 3 ripe avocados
· juice from ½ fresh squeezed lime
· 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
· 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
· dash cayenne pepper
· 2 tablespoons roasted pepitas, ground
Place coconut milk in a food processor. Scoop out all of the flesh from the avocadoes and add to the coconut milk. Squeeze the juice from the lemon into the coconut milk and avocado mixture. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer dressing to a jar and refrigerate. Keeps for 3-4 days. If dressing thickens too much, thin it out by adding small amounts of water until the desired consistency is reached.